Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fried Cabbage

I LOVE LOVE LOVE fried Cabbage!



My mom and I use a recipe that her mom came up with.

2 tlbsp vegetable oil or olive oil
1 med. Onion, chopped course
1 stick of butter
1/2 LB raw bacon, chopped
1 head cabbage, med-lg, course chopped
Salt/Pepper to taste

Heat oil in skillet over med-high heat. Add onion & bacon. Cook until onion is tender & bacon starts browning & getting crisp. Add butter, cabbage and s/p. Stir to coat. Cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Cover. Check for tenderness of cabbage. Repeat until done and then remove from heat. Taste best warm!


Enjoy! :)

5 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome! I am going to try it. Pardon my dumb questions as I am just getting comfortable in the kitchen, but the bacon is thawed, uncooked before adding to the skillet, correct? Also, I wonder if using Turkey Bacon would alter the taste terribly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Cannot wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa W9:58 PM

    This was delicious!! My husband loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:36 PM

    I make the same thing but next time add some cooked egg noodles! It is Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bacon AND butter, it has no choice but to be amazing ;) . Hubby will love this, will make soon thanks.

    ReplyDelete