I LOVE HUMMUS! I know there are all different types and flavors. I get Real Simple magazine and often refer to it. That is where the below recipe is from.
I also love pine nuts in hummus, but I was out. I'm a fan of paprika so I usually ad a bit extra.
Makes 1 1⁄2 cups| Total Time: 05m
* 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
* 1 clove garlic
* 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste; optional)
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (if using), cumin, and ¾ teaspoon salt until smooth and creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
2. Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika before serving.
I think hummus is delicious with pita bread. I, however, can't do many carbs so I often just eat it with a spoon :)
xoxo ~ Megan
2 days ago