Tuesday, October 19, 2010

5-Minute Hummus

I LOVE HUMMUS! I know there are all different types and flavors. I get Real Simple magazine and often refer to it. That is where the below recipe is from.

It was almost all gone by the time I remembered to take a picture of it :p

I also love pine nuts in hummus, but I was out. I'm a fan of paprika so I usually ad a bit extra.

5-Minute Hummus

Makes 1 1⁄2 cups| Total Time: 05m
Ingredients

* 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
* 1 clove garlic
* 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste; optional)
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika

Directions

1. In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (if using), cumin, and ¾ teaspoon salt until smooth and creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
2. Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika before serving.

I think hummus is delicious with pita bread. I, however, can't do many carbs so I often just eat it with a spoon :)

Enjoy!!

xoxo ~ Megan

10 comments:

  1. I'm definitely making this! Hummus was on my grocery list for this week, but I already have all the stuff for this. Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hummus as well! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making hummus. Have you tried the Food Should Taste Good Olive chips? They are so good with humus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh love hummus! I will have to try this! The best hummus I have ever had was at Ella's deli on 11th. You must try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YUM... I love hummus too! I tried making it once and it was a complete bust! I'll have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!! I have never made hummus before, but it seems pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Megan, I have PCOS and am on a low-carb diet too. I've been LIVING off of low-carb tortillas. The other night, I sliced one into 8 triangles and broiled it until crispy then I ate them like chips. I sprayed a little cooking spray on them and then put salt and garlic powder on them. For a total of 5 carbs! Then I dipped them in a yummy cream cheese dip (but the hummus would be wonderful too). THe tortillas can be purchased at wal.mart and they are name brand, mission I think. You can buy different sizes. The big ones that are wheat only have 12 total carbs. I buy the fajita size that are smaller and they only have 4 or 5 depending if they are wheat or not. Just thought you might want to know :) I've lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy yummy!! I love making hummus, but I need to get some tahini, I kept doing it grinding my own sesame seeds, not as good! Thanks for the reminder! I've had chickpeas in the pantry waiting to become hummus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yumm! I was planning on making hummus tonight! Definitely going to double this b/c I too can eat it with a spoon!

    ReplyDelete