Monday, August 9, 2010

Squash Casserole

My mom has made squash casserole a few times lately and I love it. I plan to make it soon. I had her jot down the recipe so I could share it with you all :)


Ingredients

4 medium yellow squash - cut ends off and into thin slices
1 can Rotel
1/2 cup whole milk/ or small can of Pet Milk
1/2 cup diced onion
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 lb. Velveeta - cut into small cubes
3/4-1 cup Panko crumbs
3/4 stick butter - cut into 1 Tlbs pieces


Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 1 1/2-2 quart dish. Mix all ingredients, expect butter and Panko, in a bowl. Pour into prepared dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes, until squash starts to soften. Stir and sprinkle Panko and drizzle butter over it. Return dish to oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until desired shake of brown/cooked.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Megan! I just bought the ingredients last night, and will try it this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I also have PCOS and have become pregnant 3 times by "breaking up with carbs and sugar!"
    I found a great website this last time http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
    with lots of recipes. The "fried rice," which uses shredded cauliflower, sounds disgusting but is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this the other night and my HUBBY wanted me to tell you, THANK YOU! He loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love squash and my husband LOVES Velveeta...think we'll have to try this! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete