Friday, April 30, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti

I've not had much time to cook lately as we are trying to sell our house and work on another house to move into. Luckily, this week I had a night at home where I could cook!

I decided on the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti! YUM! It is pretty similar to the one my mom makes. Hubby and I really liked it! I highly recommend it!













'

Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Servings: 8
Ingredients

* 2 cups Cooked Chicken
* 3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
* 2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
* 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
* ¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
* ¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
* 1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
* 2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
* 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
* ⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
* Salt And Pepper, to taste
* 1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Preparation Instructions

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.

Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).

The changes I made - I did not use raw chicken. I used a rotisserie chicken to save time. So I boiled the noodles in about 2 cups chicken broth and 4 cups water. When mixing the chicken broth into the mixture before cooking, I used one cup broth and one cup water. I did these substitutes because with all broth, it would have been too salty. I also substituted one of the cream of mushrooms with a can of cream of chicken.

Enjoy!!

~ Megan

7 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful. I am going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. niiiiiiiiiice looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Can it freeze?Also I love your little salt and pepper dish! SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a can of cream of chicken too :) And omitted onions and peppers. But this was delish and I think we had four meals out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so yummy! I can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite dishes to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:23 PM

    Made this last night and my family loved it! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete