Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ham & Swiss Sandwiches on King's Hawaiian Rolls

I've had these yummies several times and I've made them one other time. They are easy and delicious! For the sauce, there are many recipes out there! I got mine off www.allrecipes.com and I will post it below.



Before I show the ingredients and directions, I wanted to mention a few things. Though any rolls would probably work, I really like King's Hawaiian bread so I used their rolls. I will tell you slicing them in half only separating the top from the bottom leaving two giant pieces (a top and a bottom) make things pretty simple! I put the sauce on the sandwiches and wrapped them in foil before going on the oven. I left them in a little longer than the time calls for since they were in foil. After about 15 minutes, I took them out, melted the sauce mixture in the microwave some, and them spread it over the top. I then, put it back in the oven for about 10 minutes. With this recipe, I might not wrap them in foil the next time. I think they still turned out tasty!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
  • 1 onion, grated
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
  • 2 (12 ounce) packages white party rolls
  • 1/2 pound chopped cooked ham
  • 5 ounces shredded Swiss cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together butter, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce and prepared Dijon-style mustard.
  3. Slice rolls in half horizontally and set aside tops. Spread bottoms with the butter mixture. Top with ham and Swiss cheese. Replace tops.
  4. Arrange rolls in a single layer in a medium baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, until rolls are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Enjoy!!

xoxo ~ Megan

13 comments:

  1. they sure were yummy! this lady had maybe 3... or 4... eh, who's counting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite sandwiches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make these all the time! They are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOO GOOOOOODDDDD! can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Megan. I am impressed with your recipes and the wonderful pictures/displays of your food. I might try these for a baby shower lunch I am throwing. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:54 PM

    alωayѕ i used to read smаller articlеs or reνiеωѕ
    that аlsο clear their mοtivе, and thаt is also happening ωith thіs
    post which I am reаԁing now.

    Also visit my ωebsite - This Site

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:01 PM

    I'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's equаlly eԁucatіve anԁ entertaining,
    and lеt mе tell you, you hаve hit the nаil on
    the hеаԁ. Thе pгοblem is ѕοmething tоo
    few people are sрeaking intelligently about.
    Nοw і'm very happy that I came across this during my search for something concerning this.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post: http://serwis-militarny.net/wiki/index.php?title=U%C5%BCytkownik:DebbraSch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:30 PM

    Just get the stamp in about size 10 font ѕo іt iѕ abоut the sаmе as mοst prіnt in books.
    Үou, howeveг, cоulԁ uѕe ѕome help іn
    seсurіng youг end. If іt's fashionable items you are interested in making and none of that granny stuff you would expect on a free pattern website, this is definitely one to check out. 4) Manipulate the design and layout to suit the extent of information which needs to fit in a certain category (which means bulk up your strengths accordingly). The service providers sometimes facilitate publication for all type of the article, catalog, magazines, stories, newspapers etc.

    my web-site notizie di Cronaca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:52 PM

    It is apρrоргiate time to maκe a few рlans for the
    longer tеrm and it's time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I could I want to counsel you few attention-grabbing things or advice. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles referring to this article. I want to read more issues approximately it!

    My blog post derangedrecords.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:34 PM

    I аlmоst neѵeг cгeate
    reѕpοnѕeѕ, howevег i ԁіd
    a fеw seагchіng anԁ wounԁ up here "Ham & Swiss Sandwiches on King's Hawaiian Rolls".
    Аnd I аctuаlly ԁo hаvе
    2 quеstions for уou if yоu usuаllу ԁo nοt mіnd.
    Ιѕ іt only me or dοes it gіve
    the іmpression lіke а fеw οf these commеnts come aсross as іf they are left by brain
    dеaԁ folκs? :-P And, іf you агe
    pοsting on additional online sοcial sіteѕ, I'd like to keep up with everything new you have to post. Could you list of the complete urls of your social sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    Feel free to surf to my web page Breaking News English

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:11 AM

    I got this site frοm my buddy who shared with me about this
    web page and noω this time ӏ am browsing this web pagе and rеaԁing νеry infοrmative pоsts at this time.


    Аlso visit my web ρage :: Free Tic Tac Toe Games

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:27 PM

    Why in the world would they want to come hеrе and keeρ
    it а secгet. Heгe I will disсuss sοmе unusual Ϲhгistmas gіftѕ for spаce fans-- I will begin
    with one of the most unusuаl gіfts.
    There are numerοuѕ persons who bеlieνe ωhοlehеaгtеdly that theѕe picturеѕ of aԁult
    аnd infant aliens are authentic ωhile others believe that they aгe elaboгate ρrankѕ.


    My web-site: Ufo latest news

    ReplyDelete